Face-to-Face or Online
The Reading Graphic Organizer (RGO) is a tool that builds academic reading comprehension skills, and it has been successfully used in a variety of disciplines at PLNU. This page is dedicated to providing faculty with various resources related to the successful implementation and use of the RGO in their courses. For one-to-one help with designing and implementing an RGO that fits your discipline and course, please reach out directly to the Center for Teaching and Learning.
Article: “Increasing Reading Comprehension and Student Engagement, Face-to-Face and Online,” The Teaching Professor. January 4, 2021.
- History – Gayle Sollfrank, Adjunct
- Blank Template for Face-to-Face Classes
- Blank Template for Online Classes (Homework & Concept Map)
- Completed RGO for Face-to-Face Classes – Student Example
- Completed RGO for Online Classes – Student Example (Homework & Concept Map)
- Grading Rubric using Specs Grading
- Adult Degree Completion – Biblical Studies – Jo Clemmons, Director, Center for Teaching and Learning
- Christian Ministry – Mark Maddix, Dean of the School of Theology and Christian Ministry
- School of Education – Conni Campbell, Adjunct
- Student Example – Instructional Strategies for English Language Learners
- Student Example – Special Education
- Literature – Kathryn Belsey Huff, Adjunct
- Other Blank Template Ideas from School of Education – Conni Campbell, Adjunct