The Center for Teaching and Learning focuses one day at the beginning of the fall semester to adjunct faculty. Our adjunct faculty are an integral part of teaching at PLNU, and we want to support their teaching and community building through these workshops.
Adjunct Faculty Development Day, August 21, 2021
“Caring for our Students, Caring for Ourselves” was facilitated by Dr. Heather Bertrand, Dr. Lisa Raser, and Dr. Monique Sawyer. Find all of the handouts and video recordings of the presentations here.
How Learning Works
Handouts from Presentation:
- Reading Graphic Organizer – Handwritten Example from HIS1010
- Graphic Organizer Example on Mercantilism
- Graphic Organizer Example on Monroe Doctrine
- Learning Theory Graphic from Ray Posey, SOE
- Step-by-Step Graphic Organizer
- Math: Step-by-Step Explanation Example
- Ethnographic Research Methods Example
- HIS1010 Graphic Syllabus
- Transitional Species Table Blank from April Cordero
- Chart of Learning Theories Blank from April Cordero
- Memory Matrix Blank